Saturday 27 February 2016

Guide to New York City Day 3

The weather was the nicest on the third day because it did feel like spring (the first day was too hot and the fourth day was too cold… we got the entire year's season during our 5-days stay in NYC--yup, summer, autumn, winter and spring. Lucky us.

My friends and I headed to Metropolitan Museum of Art first thing in the morning. We didn't stay long because we still need to catch up with other activities, but maintained to take pictures of the Fabergé Egg. We headed to American Museum of Natural History by crossing Central Park--killing two birds with one stone, eh--the one featured in the movie Night at the Museum, with the dinosaur and the Easter Island Head "Dum Dum". These two museums are literally across each other, bridged by a beautiful park. We bought ice cream along the way--not important, but wrote it anyway. There were several exhibitions or shows there so we picked a movie where they explained how stuff works--I'm sorry I forgot what it was called. I fell asleep in the middle, not because it was boring, but more because I was tired and you know how comfy a red velvet--no, not the cupcake--chair and a dark room can be when you were drained.

We decided to continue our day to West Village to have lunch in The Spotted Pig. The skinny fries were BOMB! It was legit the best skinny fries we've ever tasted, even better than Gourmet Burger Kitchen. After lunch, we went on a search for dessert--okay, not a search tbh because we had Magnolia Bakery on our list and we had to get our hands on their banana pudding unlike the first day that we failed to. We went to their first ever bakery in Bleecker St. I think I fell in love with the area because it reminds me of Brooklyn vibe that I saw only in movies--we didn't go to Brooklyn, and I was depressed about that. There was something so homey about the neighbourhood that makes me want to live there straightaway. There were also shops along the street--Bookmarc, M.A.C., Steve Madden, etc--so we did a little bit of shopping.

After that we just randomly got into stores, tried Big Gay Ice Cream Shop, walked to Soho then I tried Baked by Melissa tiny cupcakes, shopped in F21, took looks in shops that appeared interesting to us such as Prada--the interior was smashing--J.Crew, Balenciaga, all sorts. It was quite laid back because we just wanted to enjoy the city as it is.

Then for dinner, we went to Momofuku Noodle Bar and had some ramen. Not the best I've ever had, I still love Ippudo Singapore more. I guess the other Momofukus are better--they have several restaurants with different types of cooking. We called it a night after dinner :)




































Pleated dropped waist dress - Forever 21
Sweater - H&M
Tights and socks - Monki
Shoes - Dr. Martens
Bag - Phillip Lim
Sunnies - Rayban Aviator

Some pictures are shot using my iPhone 5
Others (such as outfit shots) are photographed by Fitria Tjandra
Edited by me

Stay tuned for Day 4!

No comments: