Thursday 11 February 2016

Guide to New York City Day 2

In the not-so morning we used the cab once again to go to Katz's Delicatessen. Felt like I wasted the subway pass that we have paid for 7 days but since time was a bit tight, so taxi it is. Overall, we did use the cabs a little bit more than the subway and if we total our spendings on the cab fares itself, I can say it was ugly. Especially at night, because we weren't that brave to go back to our flat using subway and then walk, that was why we opted for the cabs (that means every night). Back to the deli, I ordered the french toast and pastrami sandwich. The food was alright in my opinion, not as amazing as I expected, but again NYC alright is maybe London's good so yea, I'll take it. (Bare in mind, London's food are not THAT great compared to the food in U.S. & Aussie).

We walked a bit since we felt full from the brunch that we just had and took pictures with the lovely random graffitis we found. Although, surprisingly, we found the Bowery Mural along the way. So of course I had to take loads of pictures there. Those colours were mesmerising.

Then we went to MOMA to see The Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh--kiddding. I didn't even know that The Starry Night was there, but it was, so it was great! I took art class in high school and this what has become of me :/ My art teacher would be disappointed. The museum is huge! Reminded me of Tate Modern in London but more spacey, I guess. Spent a good two-hour tour over there and we fled to the LOVE sculpture because it was one of my must-go-to list. I never got the chance to take a picture with the LOVE sculpture when they installed it in random city (London, Singapore, etc) so I just had to this time.

For dinner we went for Korean called BCD Tofu House just one block away from the Empire State Building because we didn't want waste more time on the journey. I've had better Korean food, but this one was not disappointing as well.

Our last activity of the night was, as you can guess, went up to the 86th floor--the observation deck--of the iconic Empire State Building. It was one hell of a queue, we waited for 2 hours to get up but, again, it was worth it. The view was breathtaking--in a very literal way. It was indescribable by words. The great things people have talked about New York… I was just glad that we went up and witnessed it ourselves.










The french toast in Katz's Deli. It tasted better than it looked, promise.

The pastrami sandwich at Katz's Deli


Hillsong Church, Manhattan

The Starry Night, Vincent Van Gogh





Paris Baguette

The view from The Empire State <3







Dress - ASOS | Similar here or here
Cardigan - Pull & Bear | Similar here
Tights - Unbranded
Socks - New Look | Similar here
Coat - French Connection | Similar here

Photographed by Fitria Tjandra

'Til next post!

No comments: